The mission of the Communications Team is to promote the growth and recognition of our church to the community through the internet and other media, and to keep friends and members informed about what is happening in our church. If you have skills or interest in this area, we need you! Check out open service opportunities or contact Sue Redfern, Communications Team Leader.
Many people keep our popular UUCDC social media websites current and fun. Follow us on:
- Facebook - Norma Lewis, Moderator
- YouTube - POSITION OPEN, Moderator
- Twitter - Jill Leonardi, Moderator
News and events may be submitted on a handy single form where you may select news channel(s) from the following choices;
- FocusFeed - The FocusFeed team oversees the production of UUCDC's online news source. Submitted announcements and in-depth articles appear 2-3 times per week. Contact Neil Goldstein or Mark Bernstein
- Focus Express - Quarterly print newsletter with lead articles, features and sermon calendar. Available via mail, lobby display or visitor packets. Contact Joan Karasick
- Weekly eMail Digest - The Digest editor compiles and emails a weekly news and announcements update. Contact Bryan Boosz
Email subscriptions to Digest and Focus Express are available by request to the church office.
- Electronic Bulletin Board - News, events and photos updated weekly on the screen in the upper lobby. Contact Barb Wray
- Website - Our website is designed to introduce our church to the community at large, and to keep members and friends informed about what is happening in our church. For day-to-day events, users can reference the calendar. See any errors on a web page? We want to know! Please use the webmaster link at the bottom of any web page or contact Paul Schlenker, Webmaster
- Greater Philly Unitarian Universalists - Find out what's going on in our region at other UU churches. Consult the Greater Philly UU Cluster website for information or go directly to the GPC calendar of events.
- Church Directory - Photographers are available after Sunday services several times a year to take pictures of members and friends for the directory. Solo, couples, families welcome or submit one of your own. Directory is available only to Breeze church database logged-in users. Contact Sue Redfern
- Photo Requests - UUCDC photographers provide photos for our website and other communications projects. If you would like photos taken for your event, just ask! Contact Dennis Leeper
- Flickr - UUCDC maintains a Flickr photo account to house and organize photos of members and events. Account privileges available by request. Contact Joan Karasick
- Sermon Audio - Sunday sermons are recorded and posted on our website usually every week. Audio CDs are also available to members no longer able to attend church and may be requested through the church office.